Fast Facts About A R I Z O N A
Arizona (AKA A R I Z O N A) formed in 2015 in New Jersey. The band consists of Zachary Charles, Nathan Esquite, and David Labuguen. Charles provides lead vocals, Esquite plays guitar, and Labuguen plays keyboards. The band is currently signed to Atlantic Records.
- The band released their first album, GALLERY, in May 2017. The album peaked at No. 4 on the Top Heatseekers chart, No. 24 on the US Alternative chart, and No. 143 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.
- Arizona has collaborated with a wide array of artists, including Avicii, R3HAB, Kiiara, and Don Diablo. Kiiara, a well-known pop singer, was featured on “Cross My Mind, Pt. 2,” a reworking of one of Arizona’s tracks. For “Pt. 2,” Kiiara sings the second verse of the track.
- They’ve released four singles since 2016 – ”I Was Wrong,” “Oceans Away,” “Cross My Mind,” and “Nostalgic.” All except “Oceans Away” hit the US Rock Charts.
- Arizona also has a live album, U.S. of A.Z., which was released in December 2017. The album features songs from Gallery, the band’s debut studio LP.
- In 2019, Arizona followed up Gallery with Asylum, which was released via Atlantic. The album peaked at No. 17 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- Arizona has opened for Panic! At the Disco. The group supported Panic! For a North American arena tour in 2019.
- The band was also featured on SCOOB! The Album, the companion record for the 2020 animated film starring Will Forte, Mark Wahlberg, Jason Isaacs, Gina Rodriguez, Zac Efron, and Amanda Seyfried.
- In 2017, Arizona covered Drake’s “Passionfruit” at Spotify Studios NYC, part of the streaming platform’s effort to record and release covers by notable artists.