Fast Facts About AJR
AJR consists of three brothers – Adam, Jack, and Ryan Met, who named the band after their first initials. The band has currently released four albums – Living Room, The Click, Neotheather, and OK Orchestra, each of which has gained significant commercial success. The three siblings first began recording and releasing music together when they were living in an apartment in New York City in the 2000s.
- The Met siblings shortened their full last name, Metzger, for the sake of catchier nicknames for themselves.
- The siblings started performing together in the early 2000s, busking on the streets of New York City and in Central Park.
- The Met siblings all grew up with their parents, Gary and Laurie, in Queens and Manhattan, New York. Their mother and father are both architects.
- All three Mets have academic backgrounds, with Adam currently on the path to get his Ph.D. from The University of Birmingham and Jack and Ryan studying at Columbia University.
- While Adam has since moved out, Ryan and Jack still live together with their dog, Shay.
- Each of the Met brothers is 6’ 1” tall, a height that inspired the title of the song “6foot1.”
- As of 2021, the band’s collective net worth is an estimated $2.76 million.