Born on September 29, 2002, Chloe Moriondo is a singer-songwriter from Detroit, Michigan. The 18-year-old first started posting videos of herself singing and playing ukulele in 2014, going on to build up a massive following on her channel. She now has over three million subscribers and a total of 130 million-plus views on her videos.
mxmtoon, Cavetown, spookyghostboy, Conan Gray, bylerfever, Frances Forever, Ricky Montgomery
Indie pop, indie rock, bedroom pop
Fueled by Ramen, Elektra Music Group
Quick Facts About Chloe Moriondo
- Chloe is a devoted supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement and has shared her passion for race equity via her social media profiles.
- Moriondo identifies as nonbinary and a lesbian. She uses both she/her or they/them pronouns.
- In an interview with Atwood Magazine, Chloe shared that she has always used music to cope with anxiety and other mental health issues. She is also a fan of mindfulness practices, which have also come in handy in conquering her struggles with anxiety.
- Chloe is a frequent collaborator of Robin Skinner, better known as Cavetown, who produced her song “Kindergarten.” Skinner is another musician known for getting started on YouTube and winning fans with his vulnerability and quirkiness.
- Some of Chloe’s favorite musicians are Rex Orange County, Summer Salt, Alvvays, Peach Pit, Blur, and Saint Motel. She has been compared to other YouTuber musicians, including Dodie, Tessa Violet, Cavetown, and Orla Gartland.
- Chloe is passionate about animals. She has several pets – a gecko named Rosie, a snake named Taiji, a cat named Kitten, and a dog named Sammy.
- At fifteen, Chloe shared via her personal Tumblr that she had pirated Logic, a digital audio workstation, to produce her own music, writing, “please don’t arrest me I’m fifteen I have no money.”
- Although she’s barely started adulthood, Chloe is estimated to have a net worth of at least $700,000 thanks to her music and highly active YouTube channel.
- She is 5 feet 3 inches tall.
- Chloe released her debut album, Rabbit Hearted, in July 2018. The record includes ten tracks, and several of them were previously aired in YouTube live videos. She has consistently used YouTube as a platform to share her music and connect with fans ever since she was a preteen.
- Her earliest YouTube videos were covers of songs by others, including Radiohead, Edith Piaf, Rex Orange County, and others. These videos first started gaining traction in 2014, when Chloe was just 12 years old. She won fans over with her disarming personality and precocious musical talent.
- Chloe is signed to the Fueled by Ramen label, a subsidiary of Warner Music Group that has been the home of Jimmy Eat World, Twenty One Pilots, Paramore, Panic! At the Disco, Nate Reuss, Lights, E^ST, All Time Low, and many others.
- Chloe has currently released two studio albums – Rabbit Hearted and Blood Bunny. The first is a self-produced and self-released effort that helped her attract the attention of her current label. The latter was released via Fueled by Ramen in 2021 and features the singles “Manta Rays,” “I Want To Be With You,” “GIRL ON TV,” and “I Eat Boys.”