Fast Facts About Chris Stapleton
Christopher Alvin Stapleton was born in Lexington, Kentucky on April 15th, 1978. He first started playing music in 2001, when he moved from Lexington to Nashville, Tennessee to go to Vanderbilt University. Originally pursuing a degree in engineering, Stapleton ended up dropping out of college to chase a dream of being an artist.
- Before kicking off his solo career, Stapleton was a vocalist in multiple bands, The SteelDrivers and The Jompson Brothers. He didn’t start his solo career until the 2010s.
- Stapleton got married to his wife, Morgane, in 2007. Morgane is a songwriter who is best known for her work on Carrie Underwood’s “Don’t Forget to Remember Me.” Chris met Morgane when the two were working near each other in the 2000s.
- Chris and Morgane have five children. They currently reside in Nashville, TN, where Chris started his career in music.
- The birth of Chris and Morgane’s twin boys, who were born in 2018, was announced by country star Reba McEntire at the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards.
- Stapleton made a cameo on the hit HBO series Game of Thrones. He appeared in the episode “The Long Night” as an extra.
- Stapleton is 5’ 9” tall.
- He currently has a net worth of approximately $12 million.