Elliphant is Ellinor Miranda Salome Olovsdottor, a Swedish musician born on October 8, 1985. Ellinor has been performing as Elliphant since 2012, blending elements of electronica, synth-pop, trap, hip-hop, and dancehall music to create her own unique sound. Elliphant has been signed to multiple labels over the years, including Bigger Splash, Universal, Kemosabe, and Mad Decent, as well as her original label, TEN Music Group. She released her first single, “Tekkno Scene,” in 2012.
How Elliphant Got StartedNow 36 years old, Ellinor Olovsdottor was born in Stockholm, Sweden. She got her start in the music industry after befriending Tim Deneve, a producer with connections in the music industry. Ellinor offered to provide vocals for several of Tim’s demos. As a result, Ellinor ended up getting a contract with TEN Music Group, which released her debut single a year later. “Tekkno Scene,” Ellinor’s first release, features Adam Kanyama and was later included in the soundtrack to FIFA 13, a popular soccer video game. The Elliphant EP followed in late 2012 and was Ellinor’s first release via A Bigger Splash Records. “Tekkno Scene” was included on the EP alongside several other tracks.
Elliphant Making It BigElliphant’s first EP was followed by another label switch, this time to Kemosabe Records. Kemosabe is owned by superstar producer Dr. Luke, who had a heavy hand in the creation of Elliphant’s second album, Living Life Golden. Her first full-length release, A Good Idea, was released exclusively in Sweden in October of 2013, and it was followed by extensive time spent recording throughout the following two years. Elliphant released several EPs between 2013 and 2016, including Look Like You Love It and One More. The latter, entirely produced by Joel Little, charted in Belgium and features the songs “One More (featuring MØ) and “Never Been in Love.” The Living Life Golden record came out on March 25, 2016, and it features the singles “Love Me Badder,” “Step Down,” “Spoon Me,” and “Where Is Home.” Several tracks on the album were co-written by Dr. Luke, and production was handled by a star-studded cast, including Cirkut, Diplo, Skrillex, Joel Little, and more. The album went on to reach number 76 on the ARIA Australian Albums chart and number 50 on the Sverigetopplistan Swedish Albums chart.
Notable Career Moments for ElliphantBelow are some of the highlights of the last few years in Elliphant’s musical career.
- Ellinor’s first music video was released in 2012 for the song “Ciant Hear It,” and she’s since released numerous other videos in support of songs from her albums and EPs. Her most recent video was released in 2016 for the song “Where Is Home,” and it was directed by Aisha Linea.
- Elliphant had an early collaboration with pop icon Doja Cat years before Doja broke into the mainstream. In 2014, Doja Cat was featured on Elliphant’s track “Purple Light” from her One More EP. The song is now one of Elliphant’s most popular tracks on Spotify, with over 7 million plays.
- The track “Everybody” served as the end-credits song for the film The Spy Who Dumped Me, which stars Mila Kunis, Kate McKinnon, and Justin Theroux.
- The Spy Who Dumped Me isn’t the only movie to feature music by Elliphant, though. Her song “To the End” was included in the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. In that film’s score, the song is the unofficial theme song for Spider-Woman.
- Elliphant has toured with Charli XCX throughout North America, and she later appeared with Charli as a guest feature on Tove Lo’s song “Bitches” in 2018.
- Elliphant’s third full-length studio album was released on April 23, 2021, via the Create Music Group label. The record features the singles “Uterus,” “Had Enough,” “Time Machine,” “Could This Be Love,” “Notorious,” “White Tiger,” “and “Drunk & Angry.”
- Ellinor currently has over 200,000 monthly listeners on Spotify. Her most-played track on the platform is “Down on Life,” a 2013 single that has amassed over 14 million plays since its release.
Elliphant’s FeaturesThroughout her career, Elliphant has been featured on songs by a wide array of well-known artists. Her features include:
- “In My Head” by Tilly
- “Siri” by Yogi and Pusha T
- “Blame” by Zeds Dead and Diplo
- “No Money No Love” by David Guetta, Showtek, and Ms. Dynamite
- “TTU (Too Turnt Up) (Valentino Khan Remix)” by Flosstradamus and Waka Flocka Flame
- “Stranger” by Peking Duk – this track went 5x-Platinum in Australia
- “Good Day” by Yellow Claw and DJ Snake
- “Bitches” by Tove Lo, Charli XCX, Icona Pop, and Alma
- “Too Original” by Major Lazer and Jovi Rockwell