Fast Facts About Jack Harlow
Jackman Thomas Harlow, better known as Jack Harlow, is a 23-year-old rapper from Shelbyville, Kentucky. Born in 1998, the young artist has been releasing music since 2011. He released his debut full-length album, That’s What They All Say, in December 2020. The record debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart, helping to further propel Jack towards stardom.
Jack Harlow: The Early Days
- Jack is the son of Maggie and Brian Harlow. His mother and father raised him on a horse farm in rural Kentucky. However, the Harlow family relocated in 2011, when Jack was 12. After they moved to Louisville, Jack started rapping.
- Jack and his friend Sharath started making music using a Guitar Hero microphone, which they plugged into their laptop computers to record homemade hip-hop. The two middle schoolers were determined to succeed, and they sold Rippin’ and Rappin’, a CD comprising their home recordings, at their middle school.
- Starting out young, Jack got his hands on some recording gear when he was in middle school and got to work on his first mixtape. Titled Extra Credit, he released the collection of self-recorded tracks under the name “Mr. Harlow.”
- After the release of his first mixtape, young Jack formed his own rap collective called Moose Gang. “Moose Gang” and “Music for the Deaf,” two unreleased mixtapes, came from this time in Jack’s life, a time primarily spent hanging out with friends and rapping.
- In 2015, as a 16-year-old, Harlow released his first music under his own name. His debut EP, titled The Handsome Harlow, was released via sonaBLAST, a Louisville-based label run by producer Gill Holland.
- Following the release of The Handsome Harlow, young Jack’s career really started to take off. While still a high schooler, Jack would play sold-out shows at some of the larger venues in Louisville, from the Mercury Ballroom to the Haymarket Whiskey Bar. He went on to open for renowned rapper Vince Staples in Louisville.
- Harlow has said that a wide range of eclectic artists have influenced his music. These include Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Drake, Outkast, Eminem, and many others. He’s also a big fan of the filmmakers Martin Scorsese, Alfred Hitchcock, and Quentin Tarantino, and has been quoted as saying that he wants his songs to be “like short films.”
- As of 2020, Harlow has a net worth of $4 million dollars.
- He is very tall, measuring 6’ 3”.