Fast Facts About LANY
LANY is a pop band that formed in Nashville, Tennessee, in 2014. The group comprises Paul Jason Klein (vocals), Les Priest (guitar), and Jake Goss (drums). The trio were friends in Los Angeles before moving to Nashville, where they first started collaborating on music. In years prior, Goss and Priest had been working on music together under the name WRLDS, and Klein had a solo career in Los Angeles.
- The band first released music anonymously via Soundcloud, a popular streaming platform often used by independent artists. Their first few singles, “Hot Lights” and “Walk Away,” were uploaded without any hint as to who the artists were. Later in 2014, the trio revealed their identities.
- LANY got their name from the initials of two major American Cities – Los Angeles, California, and New York City. Paul Jason Klein, the band’s frontman, explained in an interview that the initial inspiration for the name was his thoughts about how far these two cities are from each other. The name is pronounced “Lay-Nee.”
- Before settling on LANY as their name, the trio had tossed around the idea of being called “TTYL.” However, Klein has said that they “didn’t want to be 13 for the rest of our lives,” which spurred the band to keep looking for more unique name ideas.
- Paul Jason Klein, the leader of the band, is a 33-year-old former model from Oklahoma. He was born on April 30th, 1988, and his career in the modeling industry started when he was in his twenties. Before getting into music, he’s worked with Prada, Banana Republic, and more.
- Klein is also well-known as the ex-boyfriend of renowned pop star Dua Lipa.
- While the collective net worth of LANY is currently unknown, Paul Jason Klein is currently worth over $1.5 million.