Fast Facts About Meg Meyers
- Meg Myers’ real name is Janice Sue Meghan Myers. She performs and releases music as Meg, a shortened version of her second middle name, Meghan.
- Meg was born in Nashville, Tennessee, in 1986. She’s 34 years old.
- Myers started her music career in 2011 when she moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue a music career.
- Meg is a multi-instrumentalist. She’s primarily a singer, but she can also play piano, guitar, and bass.
- Meg Myers grew up in a Jehovah’s Witness background. Her father and mother had both practiced the religion at one point. Her parents split up when she was young, and she relocated with her mother and brother to Ohio, where her stepfather, a comic book artist, had chosen to move.
- In addition to Tennessee and Ohio, Meg also lived in Florida as a teenager. While in Florida, she first started playing piano and experimenting with songwriting.
- As a teenager living in Florida, Meg started her first band. Joined by her brother, the two were called “Feeling Numb.”
- Meg’s birthday is October 6th. She is a Libra.
- Her net worth is estimated to be between $1 million and $5 million.
Entertainment Weekly once described Meg as an “angry, damaged, and supremely talented singer.”
Myers has cited Sting, Led Zeppelin, James Taylor, Fleetwood Mac, and Dire Straits as some of her childhood favorites. She has also mentioned that Enya is one of her favorite artists, sharing that her song “Some People” was inspired by the popular Irish singer.
As a performer, Meyers has been compared to Sinead O’Connor and Fiona Apple. However, her instrumentation has also drawn comparisons to grunge bands like Nirvana.