Sleeping with Sirens is a rock band formed in Orlando, Florida, in 2009. The band consists of lead singer Kellin Quinn, lead guitarist Jack Fowler, rhythm guitarist Nick Martin, bassist Justin Hills, and drummer Matty Best. They’re known for their combination of hardcore, pop-punk, alternative, and post-rock, an infectious sound that earned them a Gold certification for their debut album’s single, “If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn.” The band is currently based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Underminded, Pierce the Veil, For All We Know, Broadway, We Are Defiance, Conditions, Palisades
Post-hardcore, pop rock, metalcore, alternative rock, pop punk
Rise, Epitaph, Warner Bros., Sumerian
Orlando, Florida, U.S.
- For their debut record, Sleeping with Sirens was signed to Rise Records. The album, With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear, got the band onto the Billboard Heatseekers chart. They’ve since released albums via Epitaph, the label run by Bad Religion’s Brett Gurewitz, and Warner Music.
- Prior to forming Sleeping with Sirens, the band’s members were part of several other groups, including For All We Know, We Are Defiance, and Broadway.
- Kellin Quinn, the lead singer of the band, was born on April 24th, 1986, in Medford, Oregon, to Mary and Jeuse Bostwick. His parents split when he was young, which inspired him to start writing songs as a grade-schooler.
- Kellin started his first band, Closer to Closure, when he was a sophomore in high school. This early effort from the singer drew the attention of a big-name producer, who tried to recruit Kellin and his band to move out to California and make a record. They ended up following through and releasing several albums, but the band struggled to find success and broke up after just a few years.
- Justin Hills, the bass player for the band, was born on March 1st, 1991, in Houston, Texas. Previously the bassist for the pop-punk band For All We Know, Hills typically plays a Fender Jazz Bass.
- Like Hills, drummer Gabe Barham was formerly a member of For All We Know. Barham, born in Muskegon, Michigan on Halloween 1989, left For All We Know with Justin in 2009, and the two joined the lineup of Sleeping with Sirens.
- Jack Fowler, born January 25th, 1992, joined Sleeping with Sirens in 2011 and has been their lead guitarist since. Jack was previously a guitarist in the band Broadway. His inspirations as a musician include Robert Plant and Eric Clapton, two of the most highly regarded forerunners of rock and blues.
- Kellin Quinn’s net worth is an estimated $2 million, thanks to the commercial success of his band.
Sleeping with Sirens: The MusicBelow are descriptions of the band’s six studio albums, including their most recent record, How It Feels to Be Lost.
2010: With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear
- The band’s first album was released via Rise Records on March 23rd, 2010. Recorded at Chango Gridlock Studio throughout 2009 and produced by Cameron Mizell, the album features three singles: “You Kill Me (In a Good Way),” “If I’m James Dean, Then You’re Audrey Hepburn,” and the titular track, “With Ears to See and Eyes to Hear.”
- Mizell, the producer of the record, has also collaborated with Memphis May Fire, Machine Gun Kelly, A Skylit Drive, Crown The Empire, and other contemporaries of Sleeping with Sirens. He also mixed and mastered the album.
- Aaron Marsh of Copeland and David Stephens of We Came as Romans were featured on “Let Love Bleed Red” and “Captain Tyin Knots vs Mr. Walkway (No Way),” respectively.