Fast Facts About The Allman Betts Band
- The Allman Betts Band was formed in late 2018. The lineup includes the sons of all of the founding members of the wildly successful Allman Brothers Band – Devon Allman (the son of Gregg Allman), Duane Betts (the son of Dickey Betts), and Berry Oakley Jr.
- The band is more than just an Allman Brothers cover group. While they do sprinkle covers of their dads’ songs into their setlists, the band also plays originals from their two studio albums, Down to the River (2019) and Bless Your Heart (2020.
- Devon Allman, son of Allman Brothers founder Gregg Allman, has been playing music since 1999. He has played alongside The Allman Brothers Band as a guest musician, has played and released music solo as the Devon Allman Band, and has also performed with Honeytribe and Royal Southern Brotherhood. The Allman Betts Band is his most recent project.
- Duane Betts, son of Allman Brothers founder Gregg Allman, has been an active musician since 1998. Betts has his own band, Duane Betts and the Pistoleers, and has also served as the lead guitarist for the Dickey Betts Band, his father’s solo project. Duane has previously performed with Jamtown, Dawes, Dickey Betts & Great Southern, Brethren of the Coast, Backbone69, and Whitestarr.
- Berry Duane Oakley, son of Berry Oakley Sr. of the Allman Brothers Band, has been performing since 1991. His first tour was with his godfather, Robby Krieger, followed by a subsequent tour with the band Bloodline. Oakley has also played with Blue Floyd, Backbone69, CNB, Butch Trucks & the Freight Train Band, and others.