Yoza is Yosef Argaw, a singer, rapper, and TikTok star who has amassed over 76,000 followers as of 2020 on the platform. Yoza used TikTok and other social media platforms to put himself on a fast-track to success, promoting his music primarily via his personal social media profiles. The rapper has been compared to both Jack Harlow and Travis Scott thanks to his excellent blending of high-energy beats and slow, atmospheric buildups. The rapper is currently based in Dallas, TX.
Fast Facts About Yoza
- After getting started on TikTok, Yoza started releasing music via Spotify and other streaming platforms in 2019. His first single, How It Be, features AG and was produced by Yosef.
- Yoza currently has over 100,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, a number he amassed through several years of hard work and commitment. For several years, the rapper released tracks independently via Soundcloud, gaining a following on that platform. Soundcloud is known as a home for many independent artists of a wide range of genres, and it served as another launching pad for Yoza.
- “Too Late,” a track that was initially released via Soundcloud, has now gained over 30,000 streams on the platform, as well as 74,000 on Spotify. The track is a high-energy hype-up track with lyrics that primarily focus on Yoza’s distaste for a girl who did him wrong. The song was described by Central Track as having “flex on your ex vibes.” It’s a relatively short song, clocking in at just two and a half minutes, but it’s in your face the whole time.
- Yoza frequently posts little quips for his fans on his Twitter, @YosefArgaw. The rapper has recently tweeted all of the following:
- “I wonder how many people have named their dog Scooby.”
- “Just now getting into The Bachelor, damn this shit fire.”
- “who remembers when you would be watching sumthing [sic] on instagram then accidentally refresh the page and lose that shit forever”
- “you fast metabolism fucks are so lucky man”
- Yoza has also used his Twitter to express his determination to become the greatest in the world, writing, “One day I’ll be the biggest artist on the planet. Hold me to that.”